Residential Heating & HVAC Repair
Trusted Heating Repair Services
Proudly Serving Buffalo and Amherst, NY
When the weather starts to cool and the winter season is upon us, we heavily rely on our heating systems to keep us warm and comfortable all season long. When your heating system isn’t working properly or is not working at all, you can trust the technicians at Ace Mechanical Services to repair it efficiently.
We offer a full suite of HVAC and heating services throughout the Buffalo and Amherst, NY areas. Contact us today for trusted repair services!
Signs Your Heating System Needs Repair
- You notice a persistent smell – Sharp, powerful odors coming from your heating system could mean there is an electrical problem. If you smell more of a musty organic odor, it could be an indication of mold which means there is excessive humidity where there shouldn’t be.
- Ineffective heating and cold spots – If you notice that there are rooms or spots in your home that are unusually cold while the heat is on, it could be a sign that your system has a block or is malfunctioning.
- Increasing energy bills – Increasing energy bills can be a sign that your current system is having a difficult time keeping with the demands of your home.
- Unusual noises – If you are hearing strange noises such as screeches, creaks, and groans that you have not heard coming from your heating system in the past, it could be a sign of a loose belt, a component on its last leg or an ignition issue. In all cases of strange noises, the heater will need repair or replacement.
- Unexpected amount of dust build up – Your furnace has a filter that removes dust mites, pet hair, and other substances but when it can no longer capture dust, those particles circulate your home. Changing the filter improves indoor air quality and helps the unit function properly. A dirty air filter puts unnecessary wear and tear on the heating unit. If the filter is not changed for a long time, the damage to the heater could be beyond repair.